An introduction, because I can't think of anything more compelling this evening.
I chose to participate in Holidailies 2010 for several reasons. I used to work with Jette (Holidailies founder), knew about Holidailies from it's inception, and this year she suggested I "like" Holidailies on FaceBook. A few entries back, I described how a recent horoscope (Free Will Astrology) encouraged me to update my blog more regularly, and Holidailies seemed like a good motivator to put my writing out there on a semi-regular basis, and perhaps create a new habit. But I wouldn't have considered it had Jette not reminded me of it.
This is not the first time Jette, unbeknownst to her, has been instrumental in motivating me to do something. Back in 2000, when we worked together, I found out she'd signed up for a triathlon. I had been wanting to race a triathlon, had a lot of time on my hands (I'd just gotten out of a relationship), but was scared I wouldn't be able to swim the half mile required for the race. When I heard she'd signed up, I thought, if Jette can do it, why can't I, and the rest is history. So thanks, Jette, for inspiring me to do yet another thing that scares me a little.
Things you can expect to see here: posts about my favorite things: training (currently for my first marathon), food (best reason for running, mostly gluten free, dairy free, and healthy, but I do have my favorite indulgences - hello, Chocolate), my dawg, and whatever else I decide to throw in about stuff I like and stuff I do. And I usually manage to work in a reference to my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail.
A demonstration - I could hardly wait to get home after tonight's run workout to make myself a basil pesto-black olive-red onion pizza, on Glutino gluten free crust. With a name like Glutino, I don't expect much. They actually make the best gf pretzels, which were a rare but exciting find in trail town grocery stores, but their bagels/pizza crusts have more of a yeast roll taste and consistency. Quite passable, but Udi's pizza crusts come far closer to the mark. I'm curious about the Udi's bagels, which have been waiting in my freezer for sampling. Happy Holidailies!
08 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember when Jette was training for that triathlon! Wow.
But really, have you already done the thru-hike of the AT or are you planning it? I loved Bryson's book about it.
Completed the thru-hike in 2009. There are some real-time posts about it on the blog, and I'm slowly adding my paper journal entries from the hike to the blog, as well. Holidailies is not helping that effort one bit.
Post a Comment