16 December 2010

So effective, you can even skip a day

Anyone remember that advertising slogan? It made a big impression on me because it was the first time I realized women could be pilots (other than Wonder Woman, but her plane was invisible). Didn't mean to skip so many Holidailies. Gotta figure out how to make daily blogging more efficient. Shorter posts, more typos perhaps. In an effort to make up missed days, it's two-a-days until I get caught up. I shouldn't still be up at this hour. There's a 22 miler on the schedule for Saturday morning, and tonight's rest is more important than tomorrows. Speaking of running, the recovery from Sunday's "race" went pretty well, considering I chose not to do an ice bath that day. Wednesday's workout was a 2 mile time trial. The second of the training season. I was disappointed I didn't see as much improvement in my time as I wanted, but coach was good to remind me it was following on two tough weeks of workouts, fighting off a cold, and I'd had stomach issues most of the day leading up to the workout. For now, I'm taking the Decker Challenge as a better indicator of my fitness.

No comments: