It had to happen eventually. Just not into posting today. Was feeling over last week's cold this morning, but by noon was feeling relapse symptoms. Have a half marathon race in the morning, with a 5+ mile "warm up" run to the race site so I get at least 18 in for the day. Had all kinds of plans for the day, but chucked most of them to make priority for napping and tinkering around the house. Ended up being pretty productive. Rearranged my bedroom, caught up on laundry, made some seriously hot green chile stew. Now folks are over at the house for tree trimming and hanging out. I'm off to bed as soon as I get this done. I have some very effective earplugs. Probably the best part about today was napping with the baby dawg. The rearrangement was primarily to allow Gracie access to the bed, and she's able to join me for naps again, which - awesome.
I built a loft bed for myself a couple of years ago, channeling my inner Vera. I haven't found any evidence of it on the Web, but I recall she had a bunk bed or loft bed at her place. I had always wanted one, had always been jealous of my brothers' bunk bed, so built my own from reclaimed lumber from a 50s house I helped deconstruct (same house my toilet seat came from). If I want Gracie to have access to the bed, I have to position her crate so she can use it as a step. For quite awhile that wasn't the case. so it was nice to have her back on the bed with me today. Speaking of, off to bed. That is my exciting life.
11 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment