This is Sandra, and I'm updating Kelli's blog based on the phone message she left me yesterday (Tuesday, May 5) around 11:30 AM. It was great to hear her clear, strong, energetic voice. Her summary was so efficient & easy to follow, that I'm thinking she's on top of her game! Here are her words:
Heeyyyyyyyy, Sandra this is Kelli...
Your number came up on the "blog update roulette wheel", so i happen to have signal, and I happen to be able to get through to you, so I'll just dictate something I hope you can get an update out of..."
I am over half-way through the Smokies. It has been raining off & on the whole way. I'm on my fourth day of wet & soggy shoes & socks. I just keep puttin' the same wet pair on everyday because - um -there's no sense (Kelli chuckled here) in puttin' on a dry pair 'cuz I have one dry pair left that I'm saving to sleep in.
I am gonna to try to push a couple of 20-mile days so that I'll be out of the Smokies. So tonight will be my last night in the Smokies because Gracie and the prospect of warm, dry clothing is just on the other side.
But it's beautiful here. I've had cold wet days but no bad days.
Just prayers for dry weather and dry clothing.
Out of optimism, I keep hanging my socks on the outside of my backpack in the hopes that they'll dry during the day but that hasn't happened yet.
Miss you guys, love you all, and I will catch you on the other side of the Smokies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HEY!! What's the deal? I don't come here for a few days and suddenly there are three new posts? From now on I want you to call me anytime you are even thinking about posting/updating this blog.
I've decided that hiking 10-15 miles a day, up and down hills, is similar to doing a triathlon each day as far as exertion levels and caloric expenditures.What a hoot! Unreal. I've read lots of accounts of lots of people doing the AT but never known anyone that's done or doing it, and it's super-cool to get real-time (almost) updates as you roll up the mountains, headed north...
Talked about this blog last night as we searched our conscience, those of us who stayed to do so; we're with you, best as we can.
As another commenter noted, A Walk In The Woods ended where you are, and you're still rocking on -- super-cool. Having read so many accounts of through-hikers I was actually sortof annoyed that Bryson went on and published the book anyways, though it was of course fun and funny. Maybe you'll write the definitive book of the trail...
Glad to read your posts. Keep on rocking, Ma'am.
Peace.
Stephen
Post a Comment