Back home, I'm kinda notorious for returning to the house a time or two to get something I've forgotten before I leave. On the trail, everything is so simplified and essential, that it's next to impossible to leave without something. Town is another story. When I got to Atkins and went to charge my phone, I discovered I'd left the charger at the bunkhouse in Damascus. Fortunately, the hostess, Suzanne, is mailing it ahead, and I'll retrieve when I get to Pearisburg in 4-5 days. Until then, my phone will be off unless I have an emergency. So, for the first time, I'll be completely without connection to home, or a timepiece.
Gracie & I had our best hostel experience yet at Happy Hiker Hollow in Atkins. It is hiker heaven, run by a former thru-hiker and her long distance hiking fella. All you can eat dinner and breakfast really made it fantastic. Good, home-cooked food, a real bed, laundry, and a great place to relax. We're recharged for the next section of wilderness, and hopefully, most of the rainy weather has passed for awhile. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Peace!
Kel & Gracie
30 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment