14 May 2009

almost a month

Gracie & I are hanging out at Uncle Johnny's Nolichucky River Hostel/Outfitter for the afternoon. Doing laundry (Gracie's not so good at that), resupplying, and resting a bit before heading out again this afternoon. Showers have taken on a whole new category of delight! We've had great weather since Hot Springs, and my temporary fix to the broken hiking pole held up well, and even allowed me to pitch the tarp. Have had some great views in between the sections where all we can see is surrounding forest.

Tomorrow marks one month of trail life. I've been reflecting on what has happened in that time, milestones and such, and my next post will cover that. Until then, I get logged off the computer shortly, so know that all is well, and we're enjoying trail life. Though I'm really missing my friends today.

Peace,
Kelli & Gracie

1 comment:

Skimbleshanks said...

You sound positive and strong. From the Whiteblaze.net boards, Words of Wisdom thread:

What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matter compared to what lies within us.
--Lilmountaingirl

Your Hiker Friend in Spirit,
Jenny K.