This is Sandra, posting Kelli's words from her voicemail which I received at 11:30 today. 'Hope it's ok that I'm including a link to a page which has pictures of "Grayson Highlands Park", which is what I think Kelli described today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayson_Highlands_State_Park.
...This is Kelli. 'Sorry I missed you.
I am headed to the Partnership Shelter this afternoon, which is the only shelter on the AT that has a shower. I'm really excited about it because I haven't had a shower since Damascus, which was about 4 days ago.
Anyway...it's been raining off and on. We have fortunately been out of the weather in the evenings. We are mending. Our tummies are doing better, and we are putting in lots of good miles again, so Gracie and I are both on the mend digestively-speaking.
Grayson Highlands has been the highlight of the hike so far. It was like hiking through the Scottish Highlands - with ponies! Gracie had a tender moment with a pony foal that wanted to get a closer look at her, which was really cute.
Food is holding out great. I can tell I'm feeling better because I'm craving food again. Yeah, just lots of ups and downs on the AT. Just loving being out here: beautiful sights, sounds and smells.
Miss everybody back home. Hope you're doing well. I will be in touch soon as soon as I can. I've had, like, really, really terrible access to internet and phone while I've been out here, unfortunately. I wish I could update more frequently and be in touch more often than I can but I miss everybody. Hope you're doing well. Thanks for being willing to post this little blog update for me.
Oh, no trail name yet. Well, no official trail name yet, but I am going by "Kel" on the Trail which feels good. It's an old nickname from college days and it's kinda nice to be using it again.
Talk to you guys soon. Take care, love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go Kel !
Post a Comment