Long distance hikers often have "trail names," a nickname they go by on the trail, either self-created or bestowed upon them during their hike. Trail names usually represent some character trait of, or funny thing that happened to the hiker. There's always a story behind it. I don't have a trail name yet. It seems presumptuous for me to give myself one before I've stepped foot on the trail. I have considered names that I thought would be fun or fitting trail names for myself and for Gracie, but I'm gonna wait and see what my fellow hikers come up with. I retain the right of first refusal, but I will let you know when (and if) I get one that sticks. I think the best suggestion for Gracie, courtesy of my housemate, is "Bottomless Pit."
02 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SF is the greatest town on the planet. I just love the place and would go there every year if I could. In fact I would live there in "The City" with the poets, (literaries)writers, and artists, and hang out at City Lights (the famous BEATS bookstore) and the fine side walk cafes and coffee shops. But the density of the city is a bit much for my wife and would be a major shift from our Austin lifestyle.
I will be checking in on your blog from time to time to see how u are fairing on the hike and to see what your new "trail" name will be.
Yrs ago I traveled to Big Bend Natl Park with two buddies and we were to meet up with 2 female friends. When we got to the trail head, the ladies had left a msg on the msg board addressed to "Larry, Curley, and Moe."
Happy Trails,
Joe L.
"Courageous Wolf"
Post a Comment