07 April 2009

Hill of Life

This morning, and yes, I consider 10:30am to be morning, Gracie & I set out with full packs from the Mopac/360 greenbelt access. Our goal - hike to the top of the Hill of Life and back. A 5-6 mile round trip. The weather was cool and I had about 2L of water for us. The approach to the Hill felt great. A 25+ pound pack pushes me into a forward lean, and it feels like I'm being pushed along the trail. Gracie was wanting to surge ahead, and I kept having to hold her back. Someone is a little driven and goal oriented, as well as goofy. Wonder where she gets that? About halfway up the Hill of Life, repeats sounded like a good idea. We took a water break at the top, and I had a snack break, then we went down and back up again. Two was enough for today. I rewarded Gracie with a swim in the creek, while I tested the water filter.

When do we swim?









Atop the Hill of Life!










Filtering water is such hard work!









Glad you filled that water filter before I jumped in!









Best dog and backpacking partner Ever!


No comments: