02 October 2009

hundred mile wilderness


I am finally at the point where it feels appropriate to say "we're almost done." With about 115 miles left to go, though, I don't know if I'm ready to be done. These past couple of weeks in Maine have been extraordinary. Physically demanding, incredibly beautiful, cold, wet, and best of all, we've been hiking with some really wonderful people. I've seen Moose and heard Loons for the first time. We forded two rivers that were almost knee deep. I don't have much else to say. We're taking a day off in Monson before heading into the "wilderness," then I drop Gracie with a dog sitter at the border of Baxter State Park (no dogs allowed in BSP) and make the rest of my journey with my fellow hikers. Thanks for all the love and support. This journey has given me so much, and I am so grateful. On to Katahdin! Photo was taken of us atop Old Blue Mountain.

3 comments:

Skimbleshanks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skimbleshanks said...

Kelli... reading this post brings tears to my eyes - for happiness that you're almost there - and for... well for just your doing what you have done - it's an inspiration beyond words, really. Can't wait to see you back in Austin!

A/K said...

That's amazing. Almost there. Too bad Gracie can't be with you to the end. I am so impressed with both of you!! GL on the final stretch!