19 October 2009

full circle

Made it back to my car at Amicalola Falls State Park yesterday, and camped overnight in the park since any driving would require a new battery. Brought the trip full circle to stay one more night in the thru-hiker shelter - same spot I spent the night the eve of starting the journey to Maine. Made a fire, cooked trail food (no, I'm not sick of it yet) and sipped a cup of hot cocoa. Heard a screech owl, and spent a cold, but satisfying night reflecting on how I've changed in the past six months. We're on the road again today, Gracie resting her head on my lap every now and then. Stopped in at the Hiawassee library to figure out where we'll be spending the night and post a quick update. Headed to Tennessee eventually. Peace and blessings!
Kel

1 comment:

Brian Kirk said...

rock on! i'm so impressed with what you have accomplished! you had a dream & you followed that dream.