Unfortunately, this post makes no reference to a musical group named after the lower legs. I'm currently resting at my friend Ed's house north of the Shenandoah National Park, though I have yet to hike the park. Ed picked me up outside Waynesboro this morning so I could make it to his big Ed-a-Palooza party tomorrow. That gives me at least a couple of days to rest and recover from shin splints/tendinitis. My deep muscle bruise theory for the cause of my right shin pain was disproved yesterday when I started having the same symptoms in my left shin and knew without a doubt that I hadn't done anything to bruise it. So, I'm going with the shin splint/tendinitis explanation and resting/icing it while I can. Meanwhile, the right shin seems much better.
In other news, the Baytown Sun (the local paper from the town where my parents live) is running a story on Gracie & I in this Sunday's paper. You can see it online at www.baytownsun.com (look for the lifestyles page). We've seen five bears in Virginia, and, I'm really looking forward to hiking through Shenandoah National Park because there will be opportunities for showers at least every other day. Good times!
19 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How fine that The Baytown Sun recognizes what a feat this is and plans to run a story. I have moved and get along famously with the new roommate. Rest up and stay dry.
Kelli's famous!
http://baytownsun.com/story.lasso?ewcd=b1197b244db70977
I read about you and Gracie's great adventure in the Baytown Sun this morning. How exciting and brave. I look forward to hearing about every detail. Thank you for sharing this with us. Through your writing, I can dream a bit about being on the trail with you.../Sharon in Baytown
Talked to Kelli today.
The hike through the Shenandoah's is going well. No rain since last week (knock on woods). Gracie is doing fabulous as always. This afternoon she was close to 1/2 way up the Shenandoahs. Tomorrow she will visit Big Meadows. The terrain in this part of the Apps are more "shin-friendly", so she was liking that.
Kelli--LOVE the pictures and the paper in the story. You and Gracie must be having the time of your lives!! GL with the shins...hope they heal up soon.
Love from Austin,
Kelly C.
Post a Comment