The temperature as I set out for my morning run in Austin today. And fantastically humid. The city is beautiful to look at in the predawn and dusk half-light, the moisture hanging in the air lending a glow to downtown and west lake hills. Looking out toward Mount Bonnell reminds me of that night Gracie & I camped alone above Watauga Lake, only I didn't know I was above the lake. This was in the pre-map days of the hike. As the campfire died down, I could see lights through the trees, and thought it was a distant community. In the light of day I realized they were lights from lake houses/cabins that I'd seen from across the lake.
Today's featured wildlife sighting: Cormorants roosting in the trees along the lake at dawn.
Today's yoga meditation: Seek to know the self; that is enough.
Indeed, these days, it is.
Word of the day: (here comes the) light
20 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment