19 January 2009

still got it!

Work today involved painting the gallery walls. Someone provided tunes, and a John Mayer song about someone falling down a soda well got me thinking about that song I knew and loved from my church camp days, "The Ballad of Eddy Brown." Poor chap fell down a well. Hadn't thought of that in years, but after about half an hour, I had remembered all the lyrics and the tune. I'd quote it for you here, but it's a song in the oral tradition, has never been written down, and I'm not about to start. If you ask, I'll be happy to sing it for you. It is the goofiest of songs, and kept a smile on my face much of the day. So, yeah, I still got it, though *it* is apparently dorkiness. I could do worse, and have, so I'm choosing to cherish this. Look out younger cousins and nieces, you are about to learn a new song!

No comments: