21 May 2007

spidey sense and winding down

I saw Spiderman 3 on opening weekend, and all I could think of after I left the theater was how, when Peter Parker was in his "dark" phase, with the bangs, dressed in black, strutting down the street, and being rude to MJ, he looked just like k.d. lang.

Separated at birth?



A week from now the triathlon will be over. I feel pretty ready, which is good because there's really nothing more I could do to physically improve at this point, anyway. So, after three months of 6am swim practices, and 7am Saturday and Sunday running and biking workouts, wherein I learned that my favorite event is running, that I enjoy boot-camp style core training more than a sane person should, and that working out with a group of people is really fun and motivating, all that is left for this week is to eat well, get plenty of rest, and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. We have some easier and/or shorter workouts this week, and a karaoke spin class Thursday. Friday evening I'll do one last open water swim - for the love of swimming (words I never thought I would say).

Next up will be the Danskin triathlon, which I'm doing as a relay. With my mother! I'm really excited about sharing this thing that I love with her. She's probably not as excited about it as me, but she's being a good sport.